Once again, while out curb shopping I found this old antique chaise throwed in a heap of other stuff, upside down. Almost missing it, I saw the leg sticking out and had to find out what it was. To my surprise this is what I found. Pardon the horrible photos, they were the only before I had and I took them with a old polaroid camera, with really old film and they came out very sepia colored. At the time I thought it wouldn’t matter I could see all I needed too, to recover it. Not knowing, I would be using it on here as a blog post.
Although it had seen better days for sure, I bet in it’s time it was beautiful. I removed everything and we reworked it with heavy board slats across the bottom. Cleaned it all up and wiped it all down with “Old English” and it looked almost as good as new. We replaced the straw and cotton like filling, with a thick piece of foam and heavy layer of batting. Using spray glue between the foam and the batting so that the batting wouldn’t eventually move around with use. Then covered it.
Since it originally had the double piping I decided I would just do that as well.
I made the choice to skip all the tucking and covered buttons in the back and just do five covered buttons. I’m patient but not that patient. It really was a fun project and I enjoy seeing it every morning in our bed room, and sitting in it once in a while to read. I feel blessed to have it.
I am certainly not a professional at this, yet I enjoy seeing someones trash turned into someone else’s treasure.
Relax today, and ENJOY